Free Shipping and COD service Pan-India | Shipping World-wide | Use Code RAKHI15 for 15% off
OUR FABRICS & PROCESSES
For us, the process is as important as the product
Our planet is in dire of need of ‘thoughtful mindsets’ and it signals a shift from rapid consumption and disposal to ethical choices and mindful living.
We recognize the urgency of ‘slow and conscious fashion’ – it is no longer an alternative, but a necessity.
At Kapraha, we take responsibility for the earth in our small way and consciously strive towards reducing waste and devising eco-friendly methods of crafting our garments.
We use premium fabrics for all our garments hand sourced by our team.
Our fabrics are printed by hand with wooden blocks in Bagru, Rajasthan, with a technique called hand block printing. Our designs are carved by hand into wooden blocks by master carvers in Bagru.
Our fabrics are hand block printed & vegetable dyed, in some collections, embroidered. The print might have slight irregularities in the motif & colours which results from the human involvement in the process & is a hallmark of handcrafted products. Since the fabric is dyed using natural, vegetable dyes, it may rub dry or bleed colour on coming in contact with water for the first time.
All photographs are for representation purposes and are shot to try and look as close as possible to the original product ordered but may have marginal colour variations from the actual product. There are times when a camera or a computer monitor can’t match the perspective of an eye. The slight difference is unavoidable.
We also operate on a made-to-order model, eliminating typical inventory issues that lead to overproduction.
- Water is precious. Wash garments only when necessary.
- We strongly recommend Dry clean for all our products.
- Only those clothes which are block printed in 60s cotton can be separately hand-washed lightly with mild detergent in luke warm water.
- Some fabrics may shed excess in colour. Block- printed textiles are also prone to excessive bleeding. In such cases, it is advised that you dry clean the garments using the services of a reputed dry cleaner.
- Do not put them in a washing machine or dryer.
- Do not soak any cotton dress & do not wash with another garment.
- Dry inside out in shade.
- Drying your clothes under the sun causes color-fading. Therefore, hang them out to dry in the evenings or in shade. Garments should be hung straight to dry on rustproof hangers (either plastic or wooden).
- Since all our fabrics are hand-dyed and hand-block printed, moderate shrinkage may be expected.
- Do not iron directly on block-prints, embroidery, etc. They should be turned inside out and ironed lightly.